In this activity, students prepare for section by focusing on the strategy of a specific country in World War II. The instructor divides the class into groups and assigns each group a country. The students answered the following questions objectively about their assigned country, and came to section prepared to discuss them with the class:
- What were your objectives?
- What options did you have to achieve those objectives?
- What is your basic strategy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of this strategy? How likely was it to succeed?
- Was the strategy wise? If not, what should your country have done instead?